Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Confessions of a Clutter Queen


My Christmas gift from my best friend.

It's official!  I will be retiring from the classroom at the end of the next school year.  My application for Early Retirement was voted on and accepted by the school board last night.  I have been teaching at the same school for the past 24 years, and I have been teaching 4th grade for the past 16.  It may take 517 days for me to clean out my classroom.



Clutter is an issue for me.  Take a look at my desk.  I rarely sit here, so it ends up being a dumping ground for all the papers and other junk that I use throughout the day.  Managing the paperwork, whether it is student papers or district reports can be overwhelming. To be honest though, grading and completing reports in a timely manner has always been an issue for me.  I would so much rather be  planning and creating something new, that I often procrastinate on dealing with paperwork.  I am also slow when it comes to checking papers.  While I see others whip through a stack of papers, it takes me a lot longer to read and think about student work.

What are your secrets for dealing with classroom clutter and paper work?

This is Day 6 of the 20 Day Blogging Challenge:  What is one thing you wish you were better at?

1 comment:

  1. I always say it is like an archeological dig to get down through the layers of my desk every June! Some days I feel I should do better and other days I know it works for me!

    ReplyDelete